We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Founded in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
To double down on that success, we are looking for highly driven and detail-oriented individuals looking to add value, solve problems and join a rocket ship. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we will replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist in the Finance Team, you will play a mission critical role in ensuring great relationships with our vendors and counterparts as well as in serving our customers.
The ideal candidate for this role cares deeply about deadlines being met and numbers being accurate while maintaining great business relationships with our counterparts.
What you’ll get to do
- Be the glue between Mothership, our customers and our suppliers
- Perform accounts payable duties with accuracy and timeliness including processing of invoices; reviewing and reconciling invoice discrepancies; assisting with check runs; and addressing and responding to vendor and internal team inquiries
- Produce accurate data entry and general ledger coding for all invoices
- Assist with day-to-day claims processing
- Work in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment with a chance to make an impact
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to ensure success in finance initiatives
What success looks like in this role
- An independent work style with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Proven ability to plan and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong attention to detail
- A great drive to assist in product and feature improvements that make the Mothership experience even better for our customers
- Experience from the freight industry in either Finance, Support or Operations, preferred but not required
Perks and Benefits
Highly competitive salary and employee stock options
Full health, dental and vision insurance coverage
Unlimited paid time off
Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in Culver City, CA
Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to, let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description