Accounts Payable Coordinator at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking an AP Coordinator in the Financial Operations group responsible for submitting rush payments, answering AP related questions and other duties. The ideal candidate must have Accounts Payable experience with a keen eye for detail, ability to assert UMG's Compliance Policy, answer high volume of email and communicate tactfully and assertively.
How you'll CREATE:
- Audit and submit rush payments on daily basis
- Maintain rush tracker which is shared with offshore AP team
- Interact with users across all UMG business units in US
- Train new BUs on processes/procedures for all Rush inboxes
- Serve as liaison between offshore AP and business units
- Perform tasks as requested by Manager
Bring your VIBE:
- Communication: Communicate clearly, succinctly and respectfully in writing and verbally; can get messages across with desired effect; able to interact professionally with all levels of personnel, including business unit Executives
- "Customer" Focus: Establish and maintain effective relationships with Business Units and gain their trust and respect
- Learning on the Fly: Grasps the essence and the underlying structure of a task or requirement quickly; learn swiftly when facing new problems; open to change; analyse both successes and failures for clues to improvement; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks;
- Time Management: Use their time effectively and efficiently; can attend to a broader range of activities; address requests and queries in a timely fashion
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; must be able to keep information confidential
- Action-Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; able to work independently and as team collaborator in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment; will be self-motivated and extremely well organized
- Problem-Solving: Strong independent problem-solving skills are needed in order to research issues and perform special projects or tasks when needed
- Excellent Excel skills, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Internet
- Some SAP and previous experience with a procurement system is a plus
- Some College desired
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.