Accounts Payable Associate
Greater LA Area
Do you thrive in a fast paced environment? Are you constantly in self growth and learning mode? If so, read on! NEXT Trucking is looking for a rock star Accounts Payable Associate who wants to join a small but mighty Finance & Accounting Team working together to disrupt the $800B logistics industry.
Our ideal candidate will be the voice of the Finance & Accounting Team to various client groups, and champion world class service! If you are smart, ambitious, hard working, and have a passion for AP processes, we would love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
- Keep track of all payments and expenditures
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Maintain historical records
- Paying employees by verifying expense reports and preparing reimbursement checks
- Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit
- Responding to all vendor inquiries regarding finance
- Credit card reconciliations
- Chassis reconciliations
What You'll Need to Have
- Must be highly dependable and detail oriented with ability to manage many tasks
- Team player with a minimum of a 1 - 3 years of experience preferably in AP
- Computer experience with QuickBooks Enterprise, Excel, Word and Outlook are preferred
- Accrual experience preferred
- BONUS POINTS: Experience in transportation industry
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits 401k w/ company match
- Explosive Career Growth
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Dog Friendly Office
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $450B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating an on-demand platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and be able to have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised over $21M led by Sequoia Capital. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as C.H. Robinson, Apple, Idealab, Kareo and GoFundMe. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
Read Full Job Description