Accounts Payable Administrator
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are currently seeking an AP Analyst in the Financial Operations group responsible for answering offshore AP questions and approving exceptions in Invoice Processing. The ideal candidate must have Accounts Payable experience with a keen eye for detail, ability to assert UMG's Compliance Policy, answer high volume of email and communicate tactfully and assertively.
- Respond to offshore AP team queries & approve exceptions
- Audit and submit rush payment requests
- Serve as liaison between offshore AP and business units
- Provide training to offshore Accounts Payable team
- Advise internal business users across all UMG business units in US
- Train new BUs on processes/procedures for Invoice and Rush Processing
- Assist upper management with payment queries
- Perform special projects tasks when needed
- Investigative prowess to research queries
- Concise and respectful communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as team collaborator in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Address requests and queries in a timely fashion
- Must be able to work under time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel, including business unit Executives
- Must be able to keep information confidential
- Will be self-motivated and extremely well organized
- Excellent Excel skills, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Internet
- SAP and Accounts Payable experience (1 – 2 years minimum)
- Some College desired
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.