UpKeep, an LA-based, VC-backed tech startup, is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to join our growing team here in beautiful Westwood, CA.
We're focused on remaining the leading mobile, cloud-based asset and facility management solution by constantly improving our Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery model and always putting our customers first!
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for:
- Payroll- Prepare and process payroll for our client companies
- Cash Management- Manage the company’s bank activities, prepare cash burn report, ensure the accuracy of cash reporting
- Accounts Payable- Manage the company’s expense management process from vendor invoicing, and ensure timely payments are made.
- Equity Management- Ensure the proper recording of all equity activity for both common and preferred stock transactions
- Ensuring financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures, maintain month-end account reconciliations.
- Financial Reporting- Manage the month-end close process, provide monthly Balance Sheet, P&L and Cashflow reports in accordance with GAAP
- Establishing and maintaining a journal entry system that provides proper supporting information for all JE’s made to the accounting records
- Preparing monthly department level reports, coordinate with the various managers a review of their financial information to ensure accuracy and spend within the plan
- Budgeting and Planning- Assist in the preparation of and monitor the company’s actual performance against the current budget and business plan
- Tax filings- Ensure timely filing of all regulatory reporting including local, state and federal tax forms
- Managing the audit process
- 3+ years of experience in accounting and finance management
- Experience working with and producing GAAP-compliant financial statements
- Advanced Excel modeling and analytical skills an absolute must
- Ability to initiate, drive and own projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Strong problem solving and business modeling skills with the ability to identify gaps and form key recommendations
- Strong communicator with the ability to develop rapport and trust with internal teams
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance or Accounting
In this full-time role, you'll receive top-notch benefits such as equity/stock options, paid holidays, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401k, and very affordable health insurance options. Employees here love our casual dress code, fully stocked kitchen, focus on sustainability, weekly catered lunches, and dog-friendly office. We value a work/life balance and believe that family and personal health should always come first
We take the work out of work orders! Founded in 2014, our mission was to empower technicians, maintenance teams, and facility managers to be more productive through the adoption of new technology. Today, we have developed a mobile-first, cloud-based solution that is simplifying maintenance requests and asset management across dozens of industries around the world. We're focused on remaining the best Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) on the market by constantly improving our software as a service (SaaS) and always putting our customers first!
We currently employ 70 amazing people that work together to ensure 200,000+ global users achieve their goals! After graduating from Y Combinator, we’ve raised $50M in capital funding (Series A & B) from some of the top VC’s in the world, including Emergence Capital (Salesforce.com and ZOOM) and Insight Partners (DocuSign & Twitter). Only 1% of venture capital is funneled towards the deskless workforce, yet 80% of the global workforce is not sitting at a desk. We are investing in the future of maintenance and the underserved deskless worker.
We've been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" by Built in LA!
UpKeep is the #1 Easiest to Use CMMS by G2 Crowd, #1 Facility Management Software by GetApp & Gartner, and #1 for Usability by Software Advice.
Check us out at: https://www.onupkeep.com
Interested in our company culture? https://www.onupkeep.com/blog/upkeep_company_culture/
Learn about our hiring process: https://onupkeep.com/blog/5-tips-for-applying-to-jobs-at-upkeep/
UpKeep is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected category. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Throughout our interview process, if you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.