| ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Reports to Assistant Controller
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review/prepare monthly accruals and allocations.
- Review GL activities for proper accounting.
- Review/approve journal entries and analysis prepared, including balance sheet reconciliations to ensure proper accounting of GL transactions
- Prepare/review management financial packages. Support analytics to facilitate review of monthly close by senior finance management.
- Obtains a thorough understanding of the financial systems and general ledger structure.
- Works with operations to ensure business activity is recorded accurately and timely.
- Manage the NA month end close process including the timely preparation and booking of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assist with developing manuals and cohesive process documentation for the Accounting department
- Work-load distribution and review of work performed for quality and accuracy
- Guidance and training on accounting and system procedures
- Perform annual reviews
- Identifies process and internal control weaknesses and work with controller to develop and implement solutions
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Mentor, coach, and provide timely feedback to staff within their scope of supervision
- Must have 7 years of successful career growth and proven leadership experience in public and private accounting
- Possess a thorough understanding of GAAP and general ledger accounting
- Have the ability to perform technical accounting research
- Practices extreme attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills
- Must possess intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Self-motivated, with high initiative and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
- Have exceptional experience managing a team of at least 5 staff accountants
: US-CA-Woodland Hills
Read Full Job Description