The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Reporting to the Assistant Corporate Controller, the Consolidations and Reporting Manager will manage the Consolidations and Reporting team within the Finance Department at The Trade Desk (“TTD”). This role will be responsible for coordinating the global month-end accounting close process from beginning to end, including managing the Corporate Close Task List and Close Calendar, efficient and timely completion of close-related activities, and execution of monthly and quarterly financial packages to Management. The Consolidations and Reporting Manager will also oversee intercompany transactions and eliminations, and other areas of Corporate Accounting, including Foreign Currency, Debt and others. As a leader of the Consolidations and Reporting team, the Manager will also be responsible for developing processes and efficiencies that will scale to The Trade Desk’s growing needs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage the global month-end close process, including coordination with AR, AP, International GL and SEC Reporting teams, with a focus on building efficiencies and speeding up the monthly close process
- Oversee certain areas of general ledger accounting, including accounting for Leases, Capitalized Software, Debt, Foreign Currency analysis and others, including review of journal entries, reconciliations, and financial reporting deliverables
- Manage the Global Chart of Accounts and coordinate the design, testing and implementation for new and existing reports from various related systems, such as Oracle Cloud or Data Warehouse
- Execute delivery of monthly and quarterly financial packages for Management
- Assist with the monthly Intercompany invoicing process, and related elimination journal entries
- Manage a team of employees, ranging from Senior Accountant to Manager
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups such as foreign and domestic GL, FP&A, SEC Reporting, SOX, and Tax teams, serving as a reliable knowledge source for all areas of responsibility
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, including performing accounting research and preparing technical accounting memos, as needed
- Adhere to and provide thorough documentation of SOX processes and controls related to the General Ledger and related processes
- Assist with management of the annual external audit, quarterly reviews, and other audits as necessary
- Lead or have an active role in ad-hoc projects
WHO YOU ARE:
- At least 5 years of experience with a public accounting firm and/or in an accounting department at a publicly traded international company; at least 2 years of experience at a manager level
- A four-year degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field
- Demonstrated ability to research technical accounting matters, apply findings to accounting practices, and document the conclusions in a professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills, including Vlookups, pivot tables, and nested formulas
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks for varying stakeholders and to work under pressure and in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Experience with an ERP System (Oracle Cloud experience a plus)
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.