Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of packages are being shipped every year with Lumi products.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
- Manage our accounting inbox, process transactions, research discrepancies, and provide updates to internal stakeholders
- Own accounts receivable including: invoicing, cash receipts, collections, and revenue recognition
- Own accounts payable including: cash disbursements, banking relationships and cash management
- Review operating expense activity including employee reimbursement process and ensure compliance with policies
- Support CFO with additional accounting projects such as: preparing accurate and timely financial statements, review financial statements for discrepancies, and preparing monthly account reconciliations
- Assist with annual financial audits and Federal/State Tax filing
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 2+ years experience in hands-on/transactional accounting roles, ideally within early stage start up
- Experience with accounting and expense systems such as Sage Intacct, Expensify, Bill.com, etc..
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse, and rapidly changing environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and proficiency in MS Excel/Google Sheets
- Logistics, supply chain, or distributed manufacturing environments preferred
- Public Accounting background with a national firm a plus
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of logistics, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!