The Accounting Assistant performs a variety of general accounting and operational support tasks in the Accounts Payable/Accounting team.
Maintains financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded. This includes bank account activity, credit card transactions, lockbox deposits and check payments.
Ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger.
Processes and validates vendor invoices, credit card statements and reimbursement requests.
Prepares cost reports, expense reports, vendor activity reports and other financial reports.
Analyzes and investigates discrepancies and questionable data.
Attention to detail and accurate data entry is mandatory, as is the ability to work with deadlines and multiple projects.
A significant amount of inter-departmental coordination with our account managers and sales representatives is also to be expected when working with expense reports.
In addition to the daily traffic workload, you will have monthly and quarterly goals and games based around accounting close cycles, payables, projects, etc.
Pay: Salary + Bonuses
- High school diploma/GED required
- 1-3+ years of bookkeeping, payables or equivalent experience in a commercial/professional environment
Attributes: Highly organized; Fluid multi-tasking; Adaptability with work flow, procedures and environment; Enduring attention to detail; Self-direction and refined critical thinking
- Strong proficiency in MS Windows and MS Office applications
- Well-versed in Google Sheets and Docs
- Versatility with some CRM and ERP systems (QuickBooks, Salesforce, MS Dynamics, NetSuite, etc.)
- 10-key by touch
- College-level math and accounting preferred
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Basic Adobe Acrobat functionality