Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling luxury fashion, enabling savvy customers to unlock the value in their closet to access affordable luxury. Our mission is to make fashion resale as simple, safe and stylish as retail- at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and an office with an ocean view in sunny Santa Monica, California.
Tradesy is seeking an exceptionally talented Accountant who will be responsible for analyzing monthly financial statements, assist with accounts payable, bookkeeping, annual audits, and other required financial reporting.
Success in this role will require someone who is comfortable in a dynamic start-up environment and has strong accounting skills to produce monthly reports.This is an ideal position for a highly motivated accountant who will be responsible for the monthly financial close process and contribute insights on our financial performance. Experience working at a Big 4 accounting firm a plus.
This role reports directly to the VP, Finance.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end review close procedures and prepare monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports, including reconciliations of revenue and expense line items
- Prepare journal entries and supporting documents according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Research and resolve accounting errors and discrepancies, including monthly reconciliation of department expenses
- Complete account reconciliations and analysis of balance sheet accounts
- Maintain financial schedules and ledgers in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Monitor and preparing supporting documents for tax payments, business licenses and corporate fees
- Assist in financial audit by developing/maintaining financial databases and updating supporting work papers for audit purposes
- Oversee Accounts Payable
- Own bookkeeping and maintenance of important financial records
- Assist with special projects and ad-hoc requests, as necessary
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in Accounting/Finance, of a media/tech or ecommerce start-up
- Deep understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); prior experience working with QuickBooks or other accounting software
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Expert using Microsoft Excel
- Creative and curious, able to develop new and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- CPA preferred
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Daily catered lunches
- Dog friendly office
- Tight knit team