WordPress Marketing Developer (Remote) at Single Grain
Single Grain is a digital marketing agency that works with brands such as Uber, Amazon, Salesforce, Airbnb and more. We also have two podcasts, a software company called ClickFlow and a YouTube channel.
Single Grain is looking for a WordPress Developer to work on three of our properties: Single Grain, Leveling Up and Marketing School (1.2M podcast downloads/mo). This position is a contract role with opportunity for full-time and will be reporting to the Director of Marketing on a weekly basis and as needed.
This is an exciting, dynamic role that involves creating new products and new experiments to drive innovation on our different properties.
Please include in the first line of your cover letter “Wordpress is Cool” or your application will be disqualified.
What You Will Be Accountable For:
- Website development and widget implementation
- Continuous optimizations on site performance, traffic, and search
- Running A/B tests and coding up landing pages/redesigns
- Implementing SEO changes and CRO best practices
- Provide constructive feedback and adhere to rules and regulations
- Maintaining and updating site
- Keeping site secure
- Collaborate with designers (or can use his/her own network)
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion. Our developers often "own" features/tasks and are responsible for scoping, development, and testing.
- You're an excellent communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English, who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks. We believe communication is critical and there is no such thing as over communicating.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You're passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see and are excited to work on tasks that impact millions of users.
- You take pride in the quality if you and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You're a team player who is comfortable working along side and helping other developers, and you don't take critical feedback personally.
- You're happy jumping between front-end and back-end development tasks, or tackling tasks which require both.
- You're happy working on tasks of all sizes - from small bug fixes and enhancements to large features/rewrites.
- 5+ years experience and strong expertise in PHP/WordPress development
- Professional experience with WordPress plugin development, architecture, and standards.
- Advanced proficiency with PHP and MySQL, including modern PHP practices (OOP, autoloading, namespacing, traits, interfaces, etc).
- String familiarity with JavasScript (vanilla JS, jQuery, ES6, etc).
- Ability to use and extend build tools like gulp and webpack.
- Familiarity with package managers such as Composer and NPM.
- Experience working with third-party APIs (Eg Stripe, Drip, Zapier, etc).
- Competent with version control through git and GitHub.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to keep complex ideas and features simple. (Simplicity is a core value!)
- Previous freelance or remote work experience.
- Expertise in HTML and CSS
- Experience with most popular WordPress plugins
- Understanding or experience in marketing strategies
- Experience with learning management systems like Thinkific
- Experience with marketing tools (Ahrefs, SEMrush, Drip, etc)
- Object-oriented programming (Laravel, etc)
- Understanding of landing pages, lead pages
Single Grain provides the following benefits below as well as a company culture focused on people and values. We're also on Built In LA's Top Companies to Work for in LA list 2020!
- Growth-oriented culture with emphasis on positive communication, transparency and team building
- 15 days PTO (25 days after 2 years)
- Life, health and dental insurance after 90 day probationary period (for full-timers)
- Education stipend
- Life insurance
- A Climate Positive Workforce - check out the Single Grain forest here