WordPress Developer at ChowNow
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:33 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, July 23, 2020
Are you inspired by beautiful and functional website design? Do you believe in engineering best practices, high-quality craftsmanship and continuous product improvement? Do you like to build well tested, easy to maintain, responsive, modular websites? ChowNow might be the perfect place for you.
We’re looking for a WordPress Developer to join the Engineering Team at ChowNow. As a WordPress Developer you will work closely with Design and Product Teams on improving our existing website as well as help build new ones from ground up as our needs grow. Your expertise will help the team in managing priorities, picking tools and plugins, and executing vision for our corporate website and blog. Whether the goal is to increase conversation of landing pages or engagement of our community your voice will be important in driving the decisions through collaborative processes and transparent communication.
Sound like an exciting opportunity? If so, keep reading; this might be the development environment you have been searching for.
About the Team:
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 16,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
Within 30 Days, You’ll:
- Complete Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Grasp the basics of our WordPress website architecture.
- Develop features and work with teammates to estimate and plan future work. We work together to make work efficient.
- Collaborate with team members in Operations and QA to understand our build, test and deploy process. We take responsibility for communication and quality.
- Release the first website improvement to the production environment.
Within 60 Days, You’ll:
- Have participated in website roadmap creation and prioritization. We communicate and collaborate on our architecture and product to achieve clear purpose, quality, scalability, and maximum learning.
- Have a clear understanding of current website architecture.
- Take full ownership of our B2B website.
- Learn about and contribute to major upcoming website projects.
Within 90 Days, You’ll:
- Release to production your first major feature or improvement.
- Feel comfortable as a knowledge leader, contributing teaching and continuing to learn. We want to learn as much as we teach.
- Be an essential part of growing our team, by fully participating in the hiring interview process. We share responsibility to grow our team.
- Be the primary driver for growing our website related technologies and products, helping all the stakeholders understand opportunities and make educated decisions.
Within 1 Year, You’ll:
- Become owner of all WordPress based ChowNow websites.
- Add analytics, A/B testing and similar practices to our toolset, building data-driven development culture.
- Experience rapid growth of our platform and be ready for next year challenges and opportunities.
You Should Apply If:
- You have 2+ years WordPress development experience, including custom themes, plugins and integrations.
- You have hands-on experience building mobile and responsive websites.
- You have experience building modular, clean, testable and highly maintainable code within WordPress environments.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description