Web Developer (PHP/Wordpress) at Core Digital Media
- Write well-documented, modular, reusable code that translates UI/UX designs into web applications.
- Use standard debugging and testing strategies for maintaining quality.
- Optimize applications for speed, scalability and rendering on various devices.
- Collaborate with local and/or remote team members and stakeholders for timely deliveries.
- Create custom themes, plug-ins and REST integrations for WordPress sites.
- Research, establish, and enforce code and design standards for maintainability, usability, and accessibility.
- Mentor, oversee and review the work of other staff on technical matters.
- Review and always be up on the latest trends in your field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in web development and programming.
- 0-2 years in PHP5+ and a solid grasp of object-oriented design principles required.
- Knowledge of developing in WordPress standards.
- Experience creating custom WordPress plugins and themes.
- Experience using version control such as GIT.
- Knowledge in developing with SQL based databases.
- Experience with converting Conceptual Art/Mock ups into HTML.
- Experience with building responsive design for customer facing application.
- Understanding of security and accessibility web standards such as OWASP, WAI-ARIA etc.