LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: VP, Client Engineering
REPORTS TO: CTO
TigerConnect - the leading provider of HIPAA compliant messaging and workflow optimization tools for the healthcare industry - is seeking an exceptional Software Engineering executive to lead all front-end development focused predominantly on web and mobile initiatives that enable clinical communication and collaboration.
The VP, Client Engineering will oversee a team of highly skilled iOS, Android, and Web Developers, and ensure that every aspect is optimized and high functioning, from strategy to product roadmap to day-to-day execution.
This leader in Software Engineering will play a crucial role in the product roadmap, technical strategy, and architecture of TigerConnect’s iOS, Android, and Web platforms. This leader will collaborate closely with other senior members of Engineering and Product to deliver operational excellence while ensuring that their team of Engineers are engaged and productive. The ideal candidate has passion and a positive demeanor, a strong technical background managing successful teams of application developers, and solid experience within messaging and/or large-scale distributed SaaS environments.
What You'll Own:
- Oversee, mentor, develop, recruit, and retain a team of skilled Software Engineers including managers and individual contributors
- Coordinate technical strategy and architecture for iOS, Android, and Web applications
- Participate in building a roadmap and developing long-term team vision in partnership with Product and other Engineering teams
- Manage the performance and career development of your team
- Work closely with other Engineering and Product team members to support initiatives and determine best courses of action to deliver value and achieve business objectives
- Take ownership of team productivity; remove roadblocks and identify and implement improvements to our process and procedures
What You Bring to the Table:
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or 8+ years equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering management - Commercial delivery & strategy, predominantly building consumer-grade applications and products using agile methodology but knows how to manage backlog to meet commercial deadlines
- 5+ years of hands-on programming experience with Swift and Java, SDK, Json, Cloud 2.0 Microservices, CI/CD pipelines
- Expert knowledge of computer science, with a strong understanding of architecture in large-scale, distributed systems and ideally messaging platforms
- Experience collaborating with other departments including Product Management, Design, etc.
Who We Are:
TigerConnect is healthcare’s most widely adopted communication platform – uniquely modernizing care collaboration among doctors, nurses, care teams, and patients. TigerConnect is the only solution that combines a consumer-like user experience for both clinical and patient communication with serious security, privacy, and clinical workflow requirements that today’s healthcare organizations demand. TigerConnect accelerates productivity, reduces costs, and improves patient outcomes. Trusted by more than 7,000 healthcare organizations, TigerConnect maintains 99.99% verifiable uptime and processes more than 10 million messages each day. We are recognized as a top Cyber Security Company to Know, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, Best Places to Work in Healthcare 5 years in a row (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019) and Built In LA’s 2021 Best Places to Work, Best Midsize Companies to Work, Best Paying Companies and Best Perks & Benefits.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.