Vehicle Systems Engineer
Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity Space is seeking a Systems Engineer to develop requirements and verification plans. In this role, you will work closely with the Propulsion, Vehicle, and Avionics groups in order to achieve our goal of full documentation of launch vehicle and program requirements. You will be reporting directly to the Director of Vehicle Engineering.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Your mission in this role is to develop the planning, organization, implementation, monitoring of requirements, and risk management processes and tools. On a day to day, you will interface with various groups in order to develop requirements, ICD, and verification planning/tracking—all while resolving cross function technical issues and managing change control. You will also manage the maturation of system design by developing standards and design reviews.
Ideally you are a candidate who has worked at a launch vehicle company, having experience with requirements, system architecture, ConOps development, and verification planning. You should also have experience working in small, fast paced teams with technical hands on experience in various aspects of space system development such as Avionics, Thermal/Fluids, Propulsion, Structures, and/or Software. You will hold full accountability of writing the launch vehicle and program requirements and developing our internal design and verification standards.
You should also be someone with great verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail—we are building rockets, after all.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience leading projects, developing innovative designs in aerospace, and participating in trade studies of large aerospace projects
- Experience in systems engineering of aerospace vehicles
- Has written or contributed to subsystem or higher-level requirements documents and verification plans
- Experience with developing requirements, risk, safety, and change management tools
- Knowledge of various engineering tools such as CAD, PLM, and ANSYS
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years of relevant Systems Engineering experience
- Basic programming experience
- PLM management experience
- Technical leadership experience on a space vehicle subsystem
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description