Vehicle Simulation Engineer
Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity Space is seeking a Vehicle Simulation Engineer to develop low and high fidelity simulations of launch vehicle systems. In this role, you will work closely with the Propulsion, Structures, Launch, and Avionics groups in order to evaluate the performance of launch vehicle systems and inform trade studies. You will be reporting directly to the Director of Vehicle Engineering.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Your mission in this role is to develop simulations of launch vehicle systems. On a day to day, you will interface with various subject matter experts to simulate launch vehicle components and systems to inform and manage the performance of Terran 1. You will also participate in performance trade studies of our launch vehicle and inform the maturation of system design.
Ideally you are a candidate who has worked at a launch vehicle company, having experience with simulation development, object oriented programming, and launch vehicle performance management. You should also have experience working in small, fast paced teams with technical hands on experience in various aspects of space system development such as Propulsion, GNC, Structures, Systems Engineering, and/or Software.
You should also be someone with great verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail—we are building rockets, after all.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 1+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of software development experience in Object Oriented Programming
- Experience simulating aerospace systems
- Experience with multidisciplinary design optimization
- Ability to learn new skills, programming languages and applications quickly
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience simulating and managing the performance of launch vehicle systems through the development cycle
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience with version control software such as SVN and/or Git
- Python, C++, and Fortran
- Experience with containers, databases, and server management
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description