Turbopump Production Lead
Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a highly talented Turbopump Production Lead to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding contributions to the development and manufacturing of Relativity's custom rocket engine's turbopumps, as well as help build a world-class Turbopump team. A high degree of autonomy and initiative is required.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to change people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As Turbopump Production Lead, you will own all production activities for Relativity's turbopumps. You will be responsible for meeting turbopump delivery targets as we undergo extensive engine development and stage testing through 2020. You will also be helping the company transition to in-house production and bring new manufacturing capabilities online.
In order to be successful in this role, you should ideally be someone who has come from an aerospace production environment, and has a demonstrated history of successfully managing projects with large part counts. You should have a deep understanding of manufacturing processes, including but not limited to CNC machining, DMLS, EB/GTAW welding, EDM, ECM, NDT inspection, balancing, assembly, hydrostatic and pneumatic testing, and various heat treatment procedures. You should understand geometric dimensioning and tolerancing. You should be familiar with established procedures and codes for quality control, as it relates to turbopumps.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
In order to be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- An undergraduate degree in engineering or related field and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of rocket turbopump manufacturing, testing, and operation
- Experience maintaining budgets and schedule on large projects
- History of establishing lasting relationships with critical vendors
- Demonstrated ability to implement change management in a production environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively across all relevant departments to develop manufacturing strategies
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of technicians and inspectors to achieve on-time delivery of quality hardware
- Strong mindset toward safety with experience maintaining SDS databases and performing safety training
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- An advanced degree in engineering or related field and 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of turbopump balance and assembly procedures
- Six Sigma
- Root Cause and Corrective Action
- Value Stream Mapping
- Basic CAD skills
- Basic knowledge of fluid systems and structures
- Hydrostatic proof testing experience
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Read Full Job Description