Titan School Solutions - QA Manager
Titan School Solutions is making our schools stronger one day at a time by bringing state-of-the art efficiencies and real-time transparency to school food service. Titan’s founders are school information technology veterans who have created scalable and affordable, cloud-based management solutions to help districts and schools succeed and remain focused on nutrition and less on administration. As we continue to sky rocket within this industry, we need a QA Lead to join our growing team and help us get there!
If you are a highly energetic self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively with both technical and non-technical people, achieve results, focus on the details, and ultimately want to be part of transforming an institutional enterprise… APPLY HERE!
**This position is available for remote employment in the United States**
WHERE YOU WILL BE IN ONE YEAR:
- TRANSFORM AN INDUSTRY! You will impact an antiquated industry that is ready for disruption. You will build and change the way school data is stored, utilized and used by students across the country.
- SKYROCKET YOUR CAREER! You will be involved in an industry that is unlike any other all while managing all aspects of the software testing process, which will expand your technical skills and put you far above your peers. You will design, plan, and drive projects from start to finish.
- NOT YOUR AVERAGE MANAGER! - You will manage, plan, automate, QA and improve an already existing high traffic system across a variety of platforms (mobile, web, database) while working in a fast-paced field that will expand your horizons and put you far above your peers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO TO GET THERE:
- Lead - Standardize and manage all aspects of software testing for all components of the TITAN platform including (but not limited to): web, apps, scheduled tasks, APIs and data verification.
- Teach- You’ll be a key contact for all things QA and be a resource to the team throughout projects.
- Collaborate - Work with technical and non-technical team members to ensure clear, concise communication is being maintained between development, production and operations teams.
- Design and build - You’ll have to write comprehensive test suites and test cases for both automated and manual tests to support confident, rapid deployments and scheduled releases.
- Project test - Ensure cross-browser compatibility across both desktop and mobile browsers as well as perform cross platform testing on iOS and Android for mobile applications.
- Have an attention to detail - You’ll need to have a hacker’s mentality. Find ways to break an application while giving thoughts on improving it.
- Discover, report and validate - All defects need to be addressed and resolved through Jira, our issue tracking system.
- Evaluate new tooling - Be proactive in evaluating new tooling and services to better streamline our QA process.
- Drive projects - Collaborate and integrate yourself as part of an Agile software development process.
- Resource plan - Cost and evaluate when and where to leverage additional QA resources as well as delegate and assess the progress of those resources.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- 4-5 years of experience testing responsive web applications across a variety of browsers.
- 2-3 years of experience testing mobile applications.
- Ability to write comprehensive, precise test documentation and test cases.
- Experience creating, maintaining and organizing test cases through the use of test case management software such as TestRail is strongly preferred.
- Web automation experience using Selenium is strongly preferred.
- Experience with API testing tools such as Postman is a plus.
- Experience with load testing platforms such as JMeter is a plus.
- Strong desire to improve the supported systems by constantly assessing performance, quality and cost.
- You have to be a self-starter. You need to self-direct, be detailed and drive the team’s overall success.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building and conflict resolution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Management experience and/or a want to manage as the QA team grows.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Titan School Solutions, we’re looking for bright, independent, self-motivated, and experienced people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for technology. Our compensation packages consist of salary and a full suite of benefits to support our growing team.
This position is available for remote employment in the United States and does require the team member to be on call.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Health/Benefits: Medical, Dental, & Visual. 95% paid by employer!
- Unlimited PTO: We believe in work/life balance to reward are rock stars for delivering great results.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- Ownership: You’ll be a crucial member of the initial build-out team, offering unlimited opportunity for growth and professional development.
Read Full Job Description