Test Lab Maintenance Engineer II at Virgin Hyperloop
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
- Set up, repair and ensure functionality on all equipment (mechanical, electrical, sensors, etc.)
- Develop acceptable standards and best practices for system and rig maintenance
- Create maintenance and calibration plans for hyperloop test systems
- Work with Safety Engineering to ensure their mitigations are addressed for this positions scope
- Set up and maintain equipment needed for the company by interfacing with vendors, design groups, facilities, technicians, and test owner
- Create technical documentation including mechanical and electrical drawings
- Determine how to document and prepare test samples
- Create and review documentation using MS Office suite or similar software
- Review/perform testing setup, test results, sample preparation, and documentation of methods.
- Create work orders, test plans, test procedures, and inspection documents.
- Work with test owners to create equipment cost and lead time estimates.
- Travel will be required to our Las Vegas test site (~50%)
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering or another related field OR equivalent work experience
- Has worked building or maintaining manufacturing equipment, automotive or air/space craft
- Experience working in Testing Operations or Manufacturing environments
- Very proficient with assembling and troubleshooting of mechanical & electrical systems
- Physically able to crouch, walk, maneuver and lift objects up to 40 lbs. independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to work in varying conditions from in a lab to outdoor test areas with varying temperatures, and potentially cramped locations, or otherwise uncomfortable environments
- Available to travel to our Las Vegas test site (~50%)
- Experience working in any of the following areas: Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Part Fabrication, Welding
- Project and/or monthly budget control
- Experience using 3-D modeling software to design and create part and drawings with proper GD&T
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave