Team and Role Overview
The structures test team is responsible for designing, building, and operating all of the structural test stands. These test stands range from bench top units to 35 ft steel structures and help to verify the structural integrity of every piece of printed rocket hardware. As a technician on the team, you will be working closely with engineering to build the stands, operate tests, and solve the unique challenges of testing 3D printed rockets.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
We are currently building our first two test stands. The technician team will assemble the structures, fabricate the fluid systems, integrate the test articles, and wire the data systems. As we generate new designs and processes, you will be a critical voice in ensuring they are safe, efficient, and cost effective. Once the test stands are complete, you will work on a variety of fixtures to accommodate new test articles and test objectives.
In order to be successful in this role, you should have a diverse skillset. Your day-to-day responsibilities could include metal fabrication, electrical installation and troubleshooting, hydraulics diagnostics, fluid system fabrication, lifting and rigging, welding, machine operation, and more. Relativity is committed to helping our employees grow their skillsets and tackle new challenges, so don’t be afraid if you’re new to something on this list. The most successful candidates have a “can do” attitude, are eager to learn, and ask good questions.
We are looking for a partner in the design process. It is essential that you communicate clearly and frequently. Designs will often hit the floor while still “in process,” so your creativity and problem-solving skills will be put to the test. This position requires an ability to lead by example and demonstrate our company values on a daily basis.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years of experience in aerospace test, fabrication, or a related field.
- High school diploma or GED
- Track record of good craftsmanship and pride in your work
- Proficiency with email and internet navigation
- Experience with steel fabrication
- Experience with fluid systems
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces
- Ability to work non-standard shifts, overtime, and weekends as required
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience using work orders, inventory requests, schematics, and drawings
- Experience cleaning, inspecting, and rebuilding fluid and hydraulic components
- Experience with cryogenics
- Comfortable working at heights
- Comfortable operating personnel lifts, forklifts, telehandlers, overhead crane, etc.
- Prior work with primary structure testing
- Demonstrated troubleshooting ability in electric, hydraulic, and gas systems
- Strong mentorship skills
- Experience with electrical systems
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.