Structures Technician at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
The structures technician team is responsible for taking over when the robots have finished the printing process. This could involve everything from fabricating fixtures to developing new assembly processes. As a technician on the team, you will be working closely with engineering to build the machines, assemble the rocket, and solve the unique challenges of flying 3D printed rockets.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
We are currently building our first flight vehicle. The technician team will assemble the tools, rocket parts, and other supporting equipment to complete the build. Because we are pioneering new processes, you will play an integral part in helping engineering to plan the path forward.
In order to be successful in this role, you should be mechanically inclined. Your day-to-day responsibilities could include metal fabrication, electrical installation and troubleshooting, hydraulics diagnostics, fluid system fabrication, lifting and rigging, welding, machine operation, and more. Relativity is committed to helping our employees grow their skill sets and tackle new challenges, so we’re looking for teammates who are eager and ready to learn. The most successful candidates have a “can do” attitude, don’t give up, and ask good questions.
We are looking for a partner in the design process. It is essential that you communicate clearly and frequently. Designs will often hit the floor while still “in process,” so your creativity and problem-solving skills will be put to the test. This position requires an ability to lead by example and demonstrate our company values on a daily basis.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- High school diploma or GED
- Track record of good craftsmanship and pride in your work
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills
- Proficiency with email and internet navigation
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces
- Ability to work non-standard shifts, overtime, and weekends as required
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience using work orders, inventory requests, schematics, and drawings
- Experience with match drilling and tight tolerance assembly
- Comfortable operating personnel lifts, forklifts, telehandlers, overhead crane, etc.
- Prior work with aerospace structures
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.