Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Our mission is to change people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As Staff Turbomachinery Development Engineer, you will develop the assemblies for the fuel and oxidizer turbopumps of the Aeon-R engine, with a focus on mechanical bearings, hydrostatic bearings, and dynamic seals.
What you’ll do:
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to drive their own projects to completion. You must have the passion, tenacity and resolve to work through challenging issues unique to rocket turbopumps. We are looking for someone multifaceted, and capable of working at the interfaces of design, development, and analysis of turbomachinery. Ideally, you are someone who has come from a fast paced, aerospace environment, having completed difficult projects while collaborating effectively with multidisciplinary groups.
What you need to know:
In order to be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- Degree in engineering or related technical field and 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Siemens NX and Teamcenter.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T.
- Ability to perform basic structural and fluid analysis using ANSYS.
- Knowledge of turbomachinery design and analysis practices.
- Experience designing and developing mechanical bearings, hydrostatic bearings, and dynamic seals for rocket turbopumps.
- Strong communication skills and ability to write detailed design specifications.
- Knowledge of turbopump assembly procedures, including rotor balancing, interference fits, clearance checks, structural proofing, and leak checks.
Nice to haves but not required:
- Degree in engineering or related technical field and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment.
- Experience working in a flight development program.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.