Staff Software Engineering Manager (Collectors Experience) at Collectors (Remote)
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. Every quarter we grade, authenticate, and sell millions of high-value, record-setting collectibles. We have broken past records, and we’re going to set future records, but we know that none of this is possible without the talented engineering experts and architects we’ve attracted to lead our teams. Which new records will you help to set? Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Wata, Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo.
The team is at the helm of building out an entire Collectors ecosystem, with a unified experience of all Collectible brands. We are looking to build the future platform that will be flexible to scale all collectible brands and support new and exciting features that will make a big impact for our Collectors. We are looking for an engineer manager to lead agile teams in our fast-paced, Product aligned organization. This team will design and build solutions for our Collectors digital experience, including core features such as our SSO platform and cart / checkout experience.
As a Staff Software Engineering Manager, you’ll play a lead role in helping drive forward our cross-functional scrum team of engineers, product managers, designers, and QA to develop easily testable and understandable solutions for internal & external use. We value people who can quickly obtain a deep technical understanding of new domains, and enjoy working highly independently to solve our most important problems.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with other Engineering Managers and teams to create comprehensive solutions shared across multiple product areas.
- Collaboratively partner with product, data science, UX, and other teams within the organization to identify the highest impact technology opportunities to impact the product and user experience.
- Split the time equally between hands-on coding and other managerial responsibilities.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and support to your Engineers so they can grow and develop within our organization.
- Integrate the engineering team across physical locations enabling greater collaboration and creating a sense of belonging.
- Partner with other leaders from architecture, engineering management, and product management on project requirements.
- Help to set a high-bar on code quality by writing thorough tests, conducting code reviews, and creating robust documentation.
- Drive workflow development and proactively seek out opportunities to improve existing processes for scale.
- Help identify and develop ways to improve the team's productivity and efficiency by expanding on our existing tools and processes.
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience building web applications, APIs and backend systems
- 3+ years of experience in managing individual contributors/managers
- Ability to translate strategy into execution; holistically identify and define organizational objectives and implement processes and systems that support those goals
- Experience coaching and supporting engineers through empathy, compassion, and candor within the engineering organization as well as between teams
- Willing to take feedback, learn and grow; an ethos of continuous self-improvement.
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ownership and understanding of large, real-time high availability systems.
- Must have strong hands-on experience with the AWS stack especially with serverless computing, PostgreSQL databases and event driven architecture
- Strong proficiency in .NET Core and are also not afraid to take on other new technologies
- Proficient with modern web frameworks, libraries and tools, preferably React & Next.JS.
- Front-end infrastructure experience (Webpack, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Strong exposure to collaborative engineering methodologies (agile, code reviews, linting, continuous integration, cloud deployments
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is $169,248 - $274,779. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for nine company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa