Staff Software Engineer, User Analytics at Procore Technologies
Procore is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Data and AI division to maintain, optimize, and enhance the data pipeline that supports all user interaction analytics. You’ll be responsible for the analytics pipeline’s end-to-end functionality, from the library and services to produce events to the events accumulating in the various sinks we use for analysis (Data lake, Amplitude, New relic, Snowflake).
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Data Platform team, you’ll partner with Data Engineers, SDETs, and Product Managers to ensure all user interactions within the Procore ecosystem are captured and sent to various analysis tools. Use your technical, organizational, and leadership skills to enhance the pipeline, making it “future proof” by driving scalability and resiliency while respecting architectural guidelines. We’re looking for someone who can prioritize between good and great outcomes, striving to provide BI Engineers and Analysts with insightful and qualitative data that empowers them to build cutting-edge tools.
If you’re intrinsically motivated and excited by the opportunity to lead a project that will provide Procore with the insight necessary to build industry-disrupting products—we’d love to hear from you.
This position reports to the Manager of Data Platform and can be based in our Austin, TX, Carpinteria, CA, or New York City office or work remotely from a US location. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the design, implementation, release, and maintenance of the set of services and tools needed for the production of all user analytic events in the procore ecosystem
- Use the latest Procore architecture recommendations to create new services to produce user analytic events
- Design libraries to produce user analytics events in multiple languages (ruby, Java, Elixir)
- Work with the SDET team to ensure all the tools are in place to guarantee qualitative user interaction events are sent through the pipeline
- In collaboration with data engineers, develop the data infrastructure that ingests and transforms analytics data and sends it to different sinks for analysis.
- Make sure the user analytics pipeline is robust and scalable, with monitoring and alerting in place.
- Working alongside our Product, UX, and IT teams, you’ll leverage your experience and expertise in the analytics event space to influence our product roadmap, developing innovative solutions that add additional capabilities to our tools
What we’re looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required; MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- 8+ years of experience in a Software engineer role
- Experience with AWS (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift), Java, Ruby.
- Proven expertise with modern backend development at scale, including development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- Experience with working with service-oriented architectures
- Successful history of working on analytics pipeline ingesting billions of data points a day
- Experience as a technical leader on large initiatives with the ability to course-correct as needed
- Understanding of the tradeoffs between short-term and long-term goals and balancing immediate needs with strategic initiatives
- Ability to consistently evaluate current technical approaches to continue to be industry best-of-class
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.