What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for talented Staff Site Reliability Engineers to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Staff Site Reliability Engineer on our Developer Environments Team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to drive the next generation of our application platform initiatives in a global SaaS infrastructure. You’ll work side-by-side with our Application Development, Site Reliability, and SDET teams to deliver composable pre-production environments for Engineering teams to build and verify new solutions. Backed by the might of our teams, we’ll provide you with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
This position will report to the Software Engineering Manager, Developer Teams and can be based in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, Austin, TX office, or work remotely from anywhere in the US. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Accelerate new service creation, deployment, and observability by enabling application developers to rapidly build and continuously verify solutions in pre-production and production environments
- Specify and configure a platform to efficiently provision production-like environments
- Build for composability and self-service, where Engineering teams can specify the systems and mock systems needed for their specific Pre-Production environment
- Operate the pre-production environment to high 9s availability
- Determine a strategy to facilitate service owners to mock their services in the pre-production environment
- Implement tools to collect telemetry data to be used in our production-like environments for realistic load tests for use by our application development teams to test their SLI/Os
- Perform code reviews, write application code, and create internal tooling
- Mentor and coach junior engineers, be a catalyst for change across the broader organization by advocating for the adoption of service creation and deployment best practices
What we're looking for:
- Computer Science degree or comparable understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, databases (operating principles, schema design, and SQL), networking, and security
- 7+ years of combined experience as a Software, SRE, and/or DevOps Engineer, with expertise in one or more programming languages.
- Strong experience documenting and driving process improvements
- Demonstrated experience leading automaton infrastructure/application systems deployment and configuration
- Ability to consistently evaluate current technical approaches to continue to be industry best-of-class
- Substantial experience with the following technologies is preferred:
- Infrastructure/cloud automation tooling (e.g., CloudFormation, Terraform, Packer)
- Service Mesh/Discovery Tooling (e.g., Consul, Envoy, Istio)
- Continuous Deployment tools (e.g., Spinnaker)
- Containers and Container Management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Configuration and Security Management (e.g., Puppet, Chef)
- Network programming and distributed systems
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment, and development programs, and friends & family events.