What if you could use your engineering skills to develop a solution that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Staff Risk Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically under-served industry.
As a Staff Risk Engineer you’ll be a key member of the Government, Risk & Compliance team, within our Security Engineering department. You’ll partner cross-functionally with our Platform, Applications, Infrastructure, IT Security, Compliance, Product, Legal, and Internal Audit teams to develop a mature technical risk management program.
This position will report into the Sr Manager of GRC and has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, Austin, TX, or our New York, NY office. Remote candidates will be considered with experience. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you'll do:
- Maintain the existing risk register
- Work with the Sr Manager, GRC to develop a multi-year roadmap to improve the maturity of the risk management program
- Become a champion of the Factor Analysis of Information Risk (FAIR) methodology within our Product and Technology department; conduct training sessions and serve as a subject matter expert
- Work with IT Compliance to run a proof of concept of FAIR
- Work closely with Internal Audit to integrate technical risk management within the overall Enterprise Risk Management process
- Provide data to enable sound decision making about prioritization of security projects driven by risk reduction
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Business or related disciplines. Masters preferred
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting at firms such as Gartner, Forrester, or a Big 4 audit firm
- 5+ years as a technical risk specialist, preferably at a late stage startup
- Expert technical writer. Familiarity with CMS platforms, Confluence, JIRA, diagramming (Viso or LucidChart), indexing for search, surveys, and usage metrics
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to strike right balance between technical controls and keeping it lightweight
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Passion for developing great people, not just great products
- Creative, business first approach to GRC
- Experience in Security and Compliance standards like ISO 27001, SOC, NIST, etc.
- Experience with any of the GRC tools preferred
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.