Staff Frontend Engineer at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for experienced Staff Frontend Engineers to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Staff Frontend Engineer, you’ll join our highly collaborative Product and Engineering organization to drive the technical direction of our projects. You’ll establish standards for development teams and lead initiatives in partnership with Product, Quality Assurance, User Experience, and other internal groups. If you’re looking for the chance to have a significant impact that extends beyond the boundaries of your team—we have just the job for you!
This role will report to an Engineering Manager and has the opportunity to work remotely from any U.S location or be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage a customer-centric approach to lead architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance for users
- Write a highly performant code that minimizes payload size and deferred scripts while consuming the lowest possible amount of browser resources
- Create, maintain, and contribute to a custom framework and component library built in React
- Write high-quality code in a Test Driven Development environment (Jest, react-testing-library, enzyme, cypress)
- Develop fellow teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- 7+ YOE in OOD, Functional Programming, TDD, or Design principles
- Proven experience with web tooling like Webpack, Jest, NPM, Typescript, etc.
- Understand the tradeoffs between technical, analytical, and product goals and are adept at formulating solutions that satisfy all of these needs
- Experience working with asynchronous requests in large scale applications
- Experience working with and developing RESTful APIs
- Experience leading large initiatives with the ability to course-correct as needed
- Proven expertise with modern web development, including development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- Ability to consistently evaluate current technical approaches to continue to be industry best-of-class
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.