What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Staff Software Engineer, Service Creation Automation Team to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Staff Software Engineer, Service Creation Automation Team at Procore, you’re given the unique opportunity to drive the next generation of our application platform initiatives in a global SaaS infrastructure. You’ll work side-by-side with our Application Development, Site Reliability, and SDET teams to solve developer pain points in the new service creation process. You will oversee the development of backend services in several core languages and frameworks like Typescript/NestJS and Java; as well as develop software libraries and packages for common application needs, like instrumenting for Observability. This is a challenging opportunity for someone who loves to solve hard problems with solutions that scale. You will improve the daily lives of everyone in Engineering!
This position can be based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean, in our office in downtown Austin, TX, or as a remote worker anywhere in the United States. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Accelerate new service creation. Identify current and future developer pain points in the new service creation process, assess solutions, and implement scalable solutions that eliminate developer friction.
- Develop example backend services in several core languages/frameworks like Typescript NestJS. Develop software libraries and packages for common uses like instrumentation for Observability.
- Maintain the Service Creation Best Practices Portal which steers the work of new service creators by providing guidance in the planning, designing, building, and deployment of new services.
- Communicate with Application Development teams on the best practices in new service creation in order to reduce the duplication of effort.
- Investigate and assess new tools to improve developer experience and productivity.
- Perform code reviews, write application code, and create internal tooling.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers, be a catalyst for change across the broader organization by advocating for the adoption of service creation and deployment best practices
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred, or comparable work experience
- 7+ years of combined experience as a Software and/or DevOps Engineer, with coding experience in one or more programming languages. (Ruby on Rails, Golang, Typescript, Java preferred)
- Experience in working with software, platforms, and infrastructure at scale (we run thousands of hosts and have millions of users)
- Strong experience documenting and driving process improvements
- Experience as a technical leader on large initiatives with the ability to set a course, and correct as needed
- Proven expertise with modern web development including development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- Ability to consistently evaluate current technical approaches to continue to be industry best-of-class
- Experience with the following technologies is preferred:
- Containers and Container Management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure/cloud automation tooling (e.g., CloudFormation, Terraform, Packer)
- Service Mesh/Discovery Tooling (e.g., Consul, Envoy, Istio, etc.)
- Continuous Deployment tools (e.g., Spinnaker)
- Configuration and Security Management (e.g., Puppet, Chef)
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.