Sr. Software Engineer
Software developers at DEV.XYZ are passionate professionals. As a team that services multiple business units, developers are expected to be fast learners. A desire to work with stakeholders, understand the business needs behind a task, and make responsible decisions is paramount. DEV.XYZ provides a dynamic yet stable environment that exposes engineering professionals to unique and rewarding challenges daily. Our team works across industries allowing for new and exciting projects on a regular basis.
- Develop high performance API's, web applications, and websites.
- Prioritize code quality, performance and scalability.
- Write performant, stable code that contributes to our team’s high availability needs.
- Brainstorm and prototype solutions to unique problems.
- Work directly with project stakeholders to understand, and contribute to the development of project specifications.
- Mentor fellow developers and contribute to an open, positive environment.
- Review and give feedback on source code.
- Positively represent our organization as a reliable and professional team of experts.
- Cross-referencing data from WHOIS info on all domains, all DNS info on all domains, 250 different cybercrime metadata lists with a focus on proactively identifying domains used for nefarious purposes.
- Securely connecting consumers with financial offers, filtered by a complex set of tiered rules, filters, and pre-qualifications in real-time while maintaining 99.999% uptime and accounting for failure on the part of hundreds of third-party integrations.
- Laravel and Zend PHP frameworks
- Vue.js and Backbone.js JS frameworks
- MySQL relational database
- Redis, ElasticSearch and MongoDB
- AWS infrastructure
- Cybercrime detection and mitigation
- Domain registry operations for 12 TLDs
- High frequency trading
- Digital Consumer Finance
- Big Data Analytics
- High Availability APIs
- Live auction automation
- Polyplatform integration
- 5-7 years as a professional software engineer
- An understanding of best practices with a focus on security
- An understanding of OOP paradigms
- An understanding of software development best practices
- Experience writing performant database queries
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills
- A positive and professional demeanor
- Reliability and consistency
- A desire to grow, learn and contribute
- Knowledge of modern PHP (7.2+)
- Experience with relational databases and ORM, data architecture, and optimizations
- Prior exposure to frontend frameworks (Vue, React, Backbone)
- Experience with using complex Redis data types (sets, lists, hashes)
- Laravel / Symfony / Zend Framework experience
- Contributing to Open Source
XYZ is more than just a place to work. It’s an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside highly intelligent and motivated people in a dynamic environment. XYZ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.