Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave's financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than 10 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit.
Dave is a virtual-first company, which means there is no preference on where team members get their work done. Employees are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the only exception of Hawaii for now. For those who want to work in an office setting on a more regular basis, we will eventually open offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others and just announced our plans to go public by the end of 2021.
Dave is looking for talented Senior Engineers to play an instrumental role in building products that help millions of people improve their relationship with money. We're looking for passionate software engineers interested in full stack development. If you're excited to join a tight-knit collaborative team with a mission of helping others, we'd love to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- We’re looking for talented Full Stack Engineers to play an instrumental role in building products that help millions of people
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and build products leveraging frameworks such as React & React Native
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to build and scale back-end services
- Regularly participate in code reviews and other team functions
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Experience with the Dave Tech Stack is a plus: Typescript (Runs on Node.js), MySQL, Google Cloud Platform, React Native, React
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- The ability to discuss and explain system architecture and component design
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.