At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $20 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for an experienced software engineer to be part of our Brand Savings Engineering team. This team’s mission is to remove all barriers to prescription adherence by connecting patients with the most convenient and affordable brand therapy options, based on their unique circumstances and needs.
As our Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for development and maintenance of mission critical backend services and APIs that powers multiple products and internal systems within our team. In this role you will be involved in the design, implementation and deployment of both new or existing services and APIs needed to support new and existing product functionality. You will work as part of a cross-functional team of product, design, data analysts and other software engineers. You will also collaborate with other engineering, business operations, and marketing teams across GoodRx.
GoodRx engineers put our customers first and have a deep sense of ownership of our products and services from design, to implementation and throughout ongoing operations. We believe “it can be done” and succeed through continuous learning. GoodRx engineers balance craftsmanship and speed-to-market employing unit testing, end-to-end automation, and service telemetry to enable safe and fast product delivery, system visibility and ease of operations.The ideal candidate will be able to quickly turn ideas into production-ready solutions in a fast-paced and friendly environment. You should also be comfortable learning new technologies as needed.
- Be a team player, mentor, teach, collaborate, and learn from those around you
- Design, implement, and maintain highly scalable and performant services
- Work closely with various business partners (backend, mobile, apps, operations)
- Maintain an understanding of the business requirements and work closely with stakeholders to understand what they need and why
- Make smart engineering and product decisions based on data analysis and collaborationUnderstand engineering decisions that are backed by technical tradeoffs
- Help improve engineering standards and processes
- Bring an agile, iterative, and curious mindset to every challenge
- Act as subject matter expert who others both in your squad and beyond will turn to
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience designing, building, deploying, operating, and maintaining distributed systems and microservices (AWS experience preferred)
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Extensive experience in Go and/or Python
- Background with relational and non-relational database technologies
- Proven debugging/troubleshooting skillsExperience with log shipping, distributed tracing tools, and service monitoring systems (Datadog, Sumo Logic, Cloudwatch, Sentry, etc.)
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Can take complex project requirements and turn it into a detailed technical implementation plan
- First-hand understanding of the full development lifecycle
- Several years of experience with agile methodologies and rapid iteration cycles
- Experience in continuous delivery and integration
- Habits which exhibit the best practices of agile quality and testing methods (TDD, BDD, Unit Testing and Automation, iterative development)
- Ability to deal with ambiguous and complex project requirements
- Strong Linux fundamentals
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $20 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description