Sr. SDET Engineer
Greater LA Area
Core Digital Media is looking for a Sr. SDET Engineer to join our growing team! CDM is a leader in online marketing, utilizing cutting edge technologies to build our innovative marketing platform. We work in a fast-paced agile environment that is powered by people who come to win every day. For this role, we are looking for someone to participate in software design discussions, reviews and test strategy sessions. Provide quality assurance estimates for resource and project planning purposes. Create test data and maintains regression test suite. This person will work on daily QA activities on web / microservices back end and front end projects. Support, follow up and troubleshoot the issues found by the QA team. They will also develop manual and program automated test software, executes, debug and updates automation test software.
- Develop manual and program automated test software using diverse tools and source documentation.
- Document, track, and resolve software bugs or defects with help from the rest of the agile team.
- Design benchmarks and testing framework.
- Work closely with project team to review requirements and to create the behavior documentation, suggest changes on requirements to design for testability and develop a test strategy
- Develop plans, scenarios, test cases and test scripts, execute test suites, analyze and report results
- Identify, track, and follow through on issues and defects
- Manage scope and priorities to complete testing efforts on time
- Insure the project’s deliverables and activities comply with requirements and QA standards
- Provide product / QA documentation to present to the rest of the team for training
- Excellent programming skills in Java
- Experienced writing automated tests
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience building/working with continuous delivery infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies and best practices
- Knowledge of Oracle and strong ability to perform SQL queries
- Strong technical knowledge of web application framework and microservices infrastructure
- Working knowledge of common automation tools such as Selenium Webdriver and Appium.
- Problem solving and excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
- Works well with cross functional team and able to resolve problems and conflicts
- Stays abreast of emerging technologies, techniques, and ever evolving industry standards
- Knowledge of test case management systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Adept at extracting information from written materials and identifying the action to be taken
- Effective organizational skills
- Solid knowledge of software development life cycles
- Proven ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple concurrent efforts, and quickly change priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work as a part of a self-directed team, in which you determine your tasks on a daily basis in coordination with co-workers, rather than waiting for work to be assigned to you
- Strong work ethic and commitment to getting the job done
- Proficient in writing test plans and test cases
- Understands the automation process and how the automation frameworks operate
- Exposure to cucumber , Testcafe or cypress is a plus
- Exposure to AWS is a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial software development in SDET role
Read Full Job Description