Sr. QA Engineer at Cie
| Orange County
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:10 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Cie is a venture studio that serves as a growth accelerator for bold entrepreneurs and an innovation lab for visionary corporate partners who want to transform disruptive ideas into new technology ventures.
Cie’s QA team is made up of incredibly talented, inquisitive, fearless members who constantly push each other to be great. Together, you’ll be responsible for addressing any mobile or web application challenges or changes that might prevent accurate functionality of our user applications. We are what we produce and we’re counting on you to make sure we don’t miss a thing!
What you’ll do:
- Have a leader mentality. You’ll have to take proactive approaches to testing and be able to own QA processes for a project you’ll be working on solely.
- Be coachable. You’ll have to be open to learning new processes and applying them to day to day activities as well as adapt to new and foreign technologies and spaces.
- Create comprehensive test cases and documentation. You’ll have to write test cases and determine what can be manually tested and what can be automated. Test Plans are created and maintained in Testrail, our test case repository.
- Design and build. You’ll have to write automated tests using Selenium for web applications and Appium or Visual Studio App Center for native mobile apps.
- Project testing. Ensure cross-browser compatibility across both desktop and mobile browsers as well as perform cross platform testing on iOS and Android.
- Have an attention to detail. You’ll need to have a hacker’s mentality. Find ways to break an application while giving thoughts on improving it.
- Be on with the data. You’ll need to learn our applications inside and out and improve test cases and update as features are added.
- Discover, report and validate. All defects need to be addressed and resolved through JIRA, our issue tracking system.
- Provide feedback. We want to hear what you have to say about product usability and improvement recommendations for overall quality.
- Collaborate. Work with our internal team to ensure clear, concise communication is being maintained between development, production and operations teams.
What you need to succeed:
- Detail oriented and sound judgement. We’ll count on you point out bugs and business-logic inconsistencies.
- Ability to write comprehensive, precise test documentation and test cases, as well as conclusive Bug tickets.
- Impeccable execution. You’ll need to close out multiple tasks while working with tight deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and work across multiple projects at a moment’s notice.
- Be Proactive. We’re looking to not just have you be part of our team, but improve our projects and processes.
- Bonus points if you are familiar with utilizing automated testing tools such as Selenium, RestAssured with Java, and Appium or Visual Studio App Center.
What we offer:
At Cie, we’re looking for bright, independent, collaborative, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive companies. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You’ll work with a smart group of driven and talented project and account managers, designers, and developers.
- Health/Benefits: Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Visual, Life, Paid Vacation and a 401k.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- The Right Culture: We are remote…for now! In your future be prepared for: frequent team events and friendly competition. Yeah, we love ping pong too. Tourney day is right around the corner…
Read Full Job Description