Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Team and Role Overview:
We are looking for a Sr. Linux Systems Engineer to join our growing team at our headquarters In this role, you will be part of a team supporting our company’s 3D printing and rocket manufacturing teams, working alongside our DevOps team to build a cutting-edge automated infrastructure.
Do you love Linux? Do you have a passion to create automation for deployments and maintenance, working with containers? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced hybrid virtual, on-prem and cloud world? Always looking to iterate and say, “how can we do better”. Then we have an opportunity for you!!
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
To help us support our growing 3D printing capabilities and rocket manufacturing, as a Sr. Linux Systems Engineer at Relativity, you will
- Enhance Relativity’s Information technology team to support our rapid growth across multiple sites. (VM, On-Prem, and Cloud)
- Ensure continued up-time on our services, processes, and infrastructure throughout the company and across all of our sites.
- Build and maintain automation for Linux deployment, configuration, upgrade and related maintenances..
- Employ your systems knowledge to triage problems and tune resource usage.
- Helping define and instrument Service-Level Objectives.
- Leveraging Configuration Management to build and maintain consistency across services.
- Ensure we continue to implement and follow best practices across our systems and infrastructure to achieve our mission and goals.
To be successful in this role, you should have 5+ years of experience as a Linux Systems Engineer or Architect, ideally in a small-to-midsized, high-growth environments at a technology company. Prior experience in managing Linux at scale and a deep passion for hands-on technical problem solving are critical. You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about technology and finding ways to automate tasks and have an untiring focus on excellent results.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- A minimum of 5 years of deep Linux systems engineering and/or systems administration experience.
- A mastery of Linux. This means: you know why things work on a Linux system, not just how to configure them.
- Hands-on, in-depth experience with Linux Ubuntu (Preferred), RedHat, CentOS, etc.
- Proven technical experience and a solid foundation in operating systems.
- Hands-on experience with Containers. (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Experience with custom OS images building for baremetal and virtual hosts with tools such as Packer.
- Hands-on experience with VMWare and vSAN management and concepts
- Proven ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Python, Perl, Go, Bash).
- A deep understanding of LDAP, NTP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, etc…
- Hands-on experience with Ansible, Puppet or other configuration management tools.
- Strong awareness of security needs, including implementing top-level fail-safes to protect our systems.
- Strong performance troubleshooting skills.
- Good team communication skills, with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software and hardware related problems
- Have developed and implemented system backup and recovery strategies.
- Big aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to work independently and effectively prioritize tasks
- High-level planning, prioritizing, and execution skills
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- 5+ years of Unix/Linux systems engineering and/or systems administration experience
- Familiarity with tuning and troubleshooting the Linux kernel
- Hands-on experience with low latency kernels.
- Familiarity with a major public cloud provider (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Advanced scripting utilizing Python, PowerShell, Batch, Bash, Perl, etc. to include creating custom tools and workflows
- Working knowledge of SAN technologies.
- A degree in computer science or a related field
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.