Sr. Full-Stack Engineer at GoodRx
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Design, build, ship, and maintain reusable systems that drive our complex web applications.
- Own, create, review, and provide feedback on technical design proposals and proof of concepts
- Write clean, fast, compatible, easy-to-use, and testable code to turn ideas into production quality products.
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers by leading and collaborating in all engineering discussions and evangelizing engineering best practices.
- Improve our design system and make other cross cutting architecture improvements to our overall architecture in both the Front-end and Back-end codebases.
- Promote a culture of operational excellence by meticulously testing and monitoring our systems and code, writing documentation, and being on-call to support the health of our services
- Collaborate, learn, and grow
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of real product experience - you have shipped products used by thousands of users.
- Experience with our front-end technologies – React, TypeScript, NextJS, Redux, NodeJS, ES6, Webpack
- Experience with our back-end technologies – GoLang (preferred) and/or Python.
- Proven experience building server side APIs both RESTful and GraphQL.
- Proven experience taking features from inception to production.
- Experience with AWS technologies including AppSync, Lambda, StepFunctions, EventBridge
- You are product minded with experience contributing to the definition of the products delivered by defining value propositions through the lens of the customer
- Writing standards-compliant, accessible markup and styling using CSS preprocessor or css-in-js.
- Experience with writing robust and maintainable unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals – you will work closely with other non-technical folks to get things done. Collaboration is key.
- Ability and desire to be a polyglot. Adapting to the tools and technologies appropriate for the job at hand.
Good to Have:
- Experience building and maintaining responsive and/or isomorphic web applications.
- Knowledge of how performance on the web is measured and experience with tools like Lighthouse, Runscope, Sentry, and/or Datadog.
- WCAG 2.0+ AA and/or accessibility standards for web
- Familiarity with Content Delivery Network (CDNs) level caching for static assets and static/dynamic web pages.
- Knowledge with continuous integration, automated testing, and deployment tools like CodeFresh, Circle, Drone, Heroku, AppEngine, or similar.
- Experience with multi-package manager tools like Lerna
- Knowledge or experience with React Hydration similar to Gatsby
- Experience or interest in cutting edge technologies like Webpack’s Module Federation and Static Site Generation (SSG) with NextJS