Sr. Full Stack Engineer - Remote at Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 750+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years.
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals.
We are looking for a Sr. Full Stack Engineer. You’ll join a pod under one of the following business initiatives:
Smart Storage: This is the core white-glove service that we’ve been providing since Clutter was founded; our goal is to optimize the process of picking up, storing, and returning items for our customers. We write algorithms that calculate the best routes to drive from our warehouse to the customers' location, the best way to store items in the warehouse based on their usage and dimension, and the best way to schedule appointments in the future and to estimate their duration. We also focus on improvements to the customer experience, focusing on reliability, affordability and flexibility of our product.
Moving: In addition to storage, we now provide traditional point A to point B intracity moving. Moving allows us to increase top line revenue as a supplement to the subscription revenue from our Smart Storage customers.
Marketplace: Our newest business unit is our marketplace platform; Clutter works with several national self-storage companies, including Extra Space Storage, the second largest self-storage business in the U.S. The team focuses on saying yes to as many customers as possible by matching them with the best moving and storage solution wherever they may need it.
What you'll do:
- Join a small but quickly growing core team of engineers building web and mobile applications and developing our vertically integrated solutions from the ground up.
- Write performant and testable code with high-performance, scalability, and fault-tolerance in mind.
- Collaborate with product managers and other cross-functional business units to engineer new product features as we launch into new markets.
What we're looking for:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5-6+ years of experience writing production level code in Ruby, Python, Go, or other modern object-oriented programming languages.
- Experience building highly scalable web and mobile applications in an agile environment.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a constantly-evolving environment.
- Experience working in supply chain, logistics, e-commerce, payments, or monetization platforms is a plus.
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - you'll receive an initial stock option grant as well as the ability to earn additional stock options each quarter
- 401(k) with company matching
- Health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) - PPO, HMO, and HSA plans available
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly stipend for phone and Internet usage
- Equipment - laptop and headset for work usage
- Flexibility to work remotely from anywhere in the US
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.