Sr Dir, Engineering Operations at Pluto TV
About The Brand
Overview and Responsibilities
We are currently looking for a Director of Engineering Operations to oversee the IT department, including the NOC and Helpdesk team. The best possible person for this role has extensive experience in IT, operations, infrastructure, incident response, and risk management. We are looking for someone who can grow and lead a multifaceted distributed team. We'd like to see a demonstrated track record of developing positive relationships, collaborating across teams, developing their staff, coordinating multiple timelines, and handling complex, cross-discipline projects.
The right person will have experience crafting and implementing IT policies and systems that will meet key objectives, while supporting, planning, prioritizing and directing all IT related activities and functions with the goal of ensuring IT systems and people are compliant, and that function effectively within the limits of budget, time and company specifications. Further, we need an effective communicator who can work closely with both technical and non-technical internal partners.
Our preference is for candidates who are coming from entertainment companies like studios, post-production or visual effects. If you are willing to learn the industry domain and come from a similar field, we'd be happy to speak with you! This role reports to the VP of Engineering.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Supervising the IT Team: hiring, training, mentorship and development of a globally distributed team of 10+ professionals, including our IT Manager, Network Engineers, Systems Engineers and Helpdesk.
- Executing complex projects and workloads, setting priorities, and executing long-term projects in the face of short-term fires.
- Cross-functional communication and collaboration with many internal teams including key business partners.
- Develop, deploy and monitor compliance by establishing policy and procedures that will scale as we grow.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- Be an experienced and motivated IT leader with broad background in IT, operations, infrastructure, incident response, and risk management who can develop and grow a dynamic distributed team with a proven track record of developing strong relationships, collaborating across teams, developing their staff, coordinating multiple timelines, and managing complex, cross-discipline projects to the benefit of the organization.
- Possess a deep understanding of ITIL, IT operations, development, and adherence to controls
- Proven experience working with 1 and 10gig networks, CDN technologies, robust DNS and IP Space architectures, DDOS mitigation strategies, WAN optimizations and regional performance troubleshooting and remediation
- Technical hands-on experience with Virtualization, Cloud Architectures, Systems, Storage, Databases, 24x7 Monitoring and Networks
- Knowledge of the entertainment industry, particularly studio, post-production or production environments
- Practical understanding of web-based software architecture/engineering as it relates to the infrastructure and network operations
- Experience leading diverse global teams, budgets, and schedules