Sr. Cyber Security Engineer at The Aerospace Corporation
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
Aerospace's Cyber Security Subdivision is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to help design, implement, assess and deploy cyber solutions that defend our nation's most valuable assets in space. We are seeking a highly motivated engineer with experience supporting customers in crypto security, full spectrum information assurance (IA), planning for COMSEC, and network security engineering and architecture knowledge.
This position is for a part-time role offering about 10 hours/week.
- Advise customers on cryptographic design and implementation
- Review network architecture designs identify dataflow and performance deficiencies
- Understand security vulnerabilities in various SW and HW platforms and be able to make recommended mitigations
- Support multiple space systems customers
- Leading or participating in projects involving one or more of the following areas: Cyber Resilience, COMSEC, Cryptographic equipment, Program Protection Planning (PPP), cyber system trade-off studies for various system designs or protocols, validation of network system requirements.
- Providing recommendations on network architectures and solutions based on technical performance assessments.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical area of study
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- 12 or more years of professional experience in cyber security
- Full spectrum IA experience
- Experience with COMSEC planning
- Experience handling and loading of keys (SKC)
- Network engineering and architecture knowledge (TCP/IP, IPSEC, HTTP/S, routing protocols)
- Advanced technical degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical area of study
- Experience with space systems, including familiarity with space, ground and user segments, as well as legacy software
- Experience securing high level complex systems such as data centers
- Experience with Agile methodology and team collaboration tools
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.