We are seeking passionate engineers with strong product intuition to join our Privacy Engineering effort in Los Angeles. We're focusing on building both the user-facing features and internal services that give our users choice around their data, build trust, advance data privacy, and enable our business. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with VHO is simple, secure, and safe. We need your skills and passion to help make it happen!
- Lead cyber threat and risk management program.
- Develop, update, and implement cybersecurity countermeasures and controls.
- Identify all sources of cybersecurity breaches and support SCQA in the analysis of the related effects on VHO system safety.
- Identify and coordinate cybersecurity requirements with external contacts and with suppliers.
- Identify and coordinate system compliance with ISO 27001, IEC 62443 or any other industry standard for cybersecurity
- Professional experience implementing cyber security and privacy capabilities to product
- As an engineer on our team, your technical expertise will have a direct impact on the privacy experience for our users.
- Your work will help VHO maintain and grow user trust as we deliver features that allow them to control their account, enable/disable features, and make informed choices about their data.
- You will build software solutions to address real world privacy concerns.
- You should be comfortable in uncharted territory and excited to design and build city-scale systems based on research and data.
- Security or privacy depth - You have knowledge and experience in approaches to securing user data and keeping it private. You have broad knowledge of integrating privacy principles in the systems and product design process.
- Privacy pragmatism - You have lofty ideals for user privacy and can apply them in a business environment. You’re able to build and advocate for suitable security practices to enhance privacy.
- You have experience with building and deploying high-tier internal infrastructure at scale. You can take the lead and have a great sense of what doing ‘the right thing’ is. You might have deep knowledge of privacy enhancing technologies, e.g. data anonymization or differential privacy.
- Architecture skills - You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural advancements. You understand how architecture impacts privacy and security.
- In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the stack, you see how it all fits together and can navigate both typical and complex privacy pitfalls.
- Ability to learn on the go - You flourish with new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You can adapt to meet the needs of our massive scale, growth, and evolving business environment.
- You feel ownership over everything you ship. You'd never call code "released" until you're satisfied it's well implemented and tested. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, thorough documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A great teammate - You believe that you can achieve more on a team; that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement. You seek ways to mentor others and share your deep privacy expertise with the team.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description