To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The Systems Integration team is responsible for leading Virgin Hyperloop’s overall system integration for the entire Hyperloop Program. As System Integration, Specialist I you will support the overall system integration with a focus on the integration between the pod and the rest of the system such as the track, ground support equipment and the communication system to the wayside.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Technical leader, supporting the Wayside Integration team within the System Integration team, you will work with our integrated product team to help ensure that the pod systems are well integrated with the system on the wayside such as the track, the ground support equipment and the communication system to the wayside. This include:
- Gathering responsible engineers from multiple disciplines to problem solve critical issues as needed in support of prototype vehicle testing.
- Leading system trade studies as well as assessing impact of technical decisions on business outcomes.
- Developing and reviewing tests, test cases and test strategy to ensure correct integration of the system with the wayside.
- Partner with flight control, control architecture, core engineering, and software engineering teams to help develop technical solutions and aid the system engineering team in developing requirements.
- Ensure processes and standards are followed:
- Design Reviews
- Requirement Development and interpretation of requirements
- Definition of means of compliance
- Design, resolve, and track problem reports for system integration
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, or related engineering field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in System Integration of complex systems, preferably safety critical systems
- Experience in resolving complex system level issues
- Experience with FMEA processes, FAA or CENELEC Standards for Transportation (e.g. ARP4754, EN50126...)
- You are an effective communicator with extensive organization skills
- You have the keen ability to persuade and present solutions to all levels within Engineering
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in test environment (Hardware-in-the-loop, system test rig, flight testing)
- Experience with developing, integrating, testing or certification of aerospace or rail systems
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave