- In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The USAF Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Portfolio Architect is working to create the space enterprise strategy and framework that informs SMC acquisitions across Air Force Space missions. Aerospace’s Secure Architectures & Specialty Engineering (SASE) department works with elements across the Portfolio Architect and SMC acquisition Corps to provide cross-program architecting and engineering support with a focus on cybersecurity, cryptography, key management, and resilient design.
In this position, the applicant will provide architecture and engineering support for the Portfolio Architect and Development Corps for the planning, development and integration of cryptography for space systems.
- Provide cryptographic architecting and engineering support to the SMC Portfolio Architect and Development Corps programs
- Coordinate the establishment and implementation of crypto requirements and/or solutions for space programs.
- Provide support for crypto certification and integration to enable rapid and effective acquisition of space capabilities
- Coordinate resolution of issues across the Space Force, CCSD, NSA, and other Department of Defense components and agencies as required.
- Support security risk assessments and other systems engineering tasks.
- Work closely with programs to assess and define responses to emerging program risks, reaching out to develop small project teams across program office and ETG (Engineering & Technology Group) personnel as necessary.
- 8 years of technical professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (engineering, science, mathematics, computer science) OR any Bachelor's from an accredited school and coursework/certificate in information systems security
- Experience with systems engineering disciplines, including requirements engineering, verification, test, and/or risk management
- Experience with systems engineering and architecting of cryptographic products or solutions
- Current TOP SECRET / SCI clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Ability to travel
- Familiarity with digital engineering, MBSE, or architecture processes and tools
- Experience in designing and integrating crypto solutions for satellites
- Experience with the development, operations, sustainment or acquisition of SATCOM systems
- Experience with space acquisition policies and processes
- Experience with diverse space systems and missions
- Exhibits innovation, creativeness, and initiative
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Current accesses or eligibility for SAP.
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.