Solution Architect - Software Development Department at Dubsado (Greater LA Area, CA)
At Dubsado, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs, freelancers, and small businesses by providing ever-evolving software and putting the customer first in all we do. You’ll be joining a self-funded company that values world-class customer service and education as much as we value designing and developing quality software.
Dubsado is a business management platform with a suite of tools designed to help business owners manage their projects and clients all in one place. From contracts and invoicing to scheduling and automated workflows, Dubsado is on a mission to be the go-to all-in-one solution for managing small businesses in creative industries and beyond.
Our customer obsession drives us to anticipate our users’ needs and exceed their expectations. The development team supports this mission by writing performant and maintainable code with an agile approach. We value simplicity, efficiency, reliability, and scalability so that we can create strong foundations for our ever-evolving software while enabling all of our developers to collaborate effectively.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced engineer to manage the technical aspect of Dubsado’s vision and operations. Working with a diverse development team you would make design decisions, meet regularly with our leadership team to set OKR’s and establish best practices with the input of the greater development team.
Reporting to the CTO, the responsibilities of a Solution Architect at Dubsado includes leading a team of developers and engineers, collaborating with product managers, and improving the development policies and standards.
To be successful as a Solution Architect, you should have prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. You will have the ability to plan and execute high level technical operations and then work on the codebase and see projects through to the end while also maintaining other responsibilities such as mentorship, cross team pair coding, and peer reviewing code.
- Work with product, design, business, sales, and marketing teams to bring products to market. This involves a lot of explaining and advocating for the work of engineering teams.
- Deliver on the engineering strategy set by the CTO
- Manage direct reports
- This includes running 1:1s, recruiting new hires, identifying skills gaps, and providing growth opportunities for engineering managers & software engineers.
- Report to the CTO, the board, and other stakeholders on the state of the engineering organization, sharing successes, and identifying areas that need support, ideally backed up by meaningful metrics.
- Manage the engineering organization’s cash flow and oversee important buying and spending decisions around key tools and technologies. The goal is to keep engineering costs down and help drive profits for the business.
- Create and implement structures around people in the engineering organization.
- Build an empowering engineering culture by fostering psychological safety and inclusivity in all their interactions and processes.
- Oversee any major reorganizations or help integrate any mergers and acquisitions that the organization goes through.
- Supporting direct reports, redesigning and implementing new processes, and ensuring that there’s clear, healthy communication around the changes.
- Strong organizational leadership skills.
- Extensive experience in working with stakeholders to create hiring strategies to develop quality teams.
- Experience in recruiting engineers and contributors.
- Previous working experience in software design and developing customer-orientated platforms.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management.
What to Expect
We have an application process that we follow. After submitting the application along with your resume and references, our hiring team gets to work! They review applications based on a rubric made specifically for this role. If you do not meet the requirements of the position, our team will email you letting you know. If you do meet the requirements, someone from the team will reach out and schedule an introduction call. During that call you will receive more information on how the interview process for that role will progress, as each role’s process can vary.
Applying for a new job is a big step! We are honored that you are interested in joining our incredible team. That being said, we work hard to keep you informed and not left hanging through any point of the hiring process. Either way, we will reach out to you. If you have questions, we are always here to help!