Software Test Engineer, Roku
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Viacom company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacom), Facebook (facebook.com/viacom) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacom).
At Pluto TV, we approach testing differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Software Test Engineers (STE) design Pluto TV’s testing infrastructure and perform tests to examine and validate large-scale content operations and releases. As an STE, you partner with content editors and streaming operations to ensure PlutoTV content is operational for new channel launches. Troubleshooting is an understatement; it's more like trouble forecasting. The STE will also act as a representative of the Software Test Engineering Team in scrum meetings and provide input on how to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on developing automated tests within an iteration.
- Ensure that content streams are working as well as all ancillary metadata that goes along with the content.
- Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
- As an STE, you are expected to perform ad-hoc/exploratory tests from a feature as well as regression testing.
- Ability to execute rigorous testing cycles against product/platform releases (OTT, Native Apps, Web, Connected TVs)
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- Must have
- Native applications / OTT Platforms functional testing experience
- Formal testing experience from planning to execution
- Automation experience using Java frameworks
- 3+ years of testing experience on OTT platforms (preferably Roku)
- 3+ years of experience as a test engineering within an Agile environment
- 3+ years of experience in a functional testing role
- 3+ years Hands-on experience with developing automated functional tests
- Experience in Video Content Delivery Experience, a big plus
- Exposure to Agile Management tools such as Jira, a plus.
- Working experience with common automation frameworks (in Java), a big plus
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
At PlutoTV and Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.