Software Test Engineer - Internationalization at Pluto TV
About The Brand
Overview and Responsibilities
At Pluto TV, we approach testing differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Software Test Engineers (STE) design Pluto TV’s testing infrastructure and perform tests to examine and validate large-scale content operations and releases. As an STE, you partner with content editors and streaming operations to ensure PlutoTV content is operational for new channel launches. Troubleshooting is an understatement; it's more like trouble forecasting. The STE will also act as a representative of the Software Test Engineering Team in scrum meetings and provide guidance on how to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
- Working in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on developing automated tests within an iteration
- Thorough understanding of localization testing and boundary conditions related to geo/market testing considerations
- Ensuring that content streams are working as well as all ancillary metadata that goes along with the content
- Providing a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
- Performing ad-hoc/exploratory tests from a feature as well as regression testing.
- Executing rigorous testing cycles against product/platform releases (OTT, Native Apps, Web, Connected TVs)
- Localization testing experience
- Native applications / OTT / CTV Platforms functional testing experience
- Formal testing experience from planning to execution
- Automation experience using Java frameworks
- 3+ years of experience testing applications in various geographic markets
- 3+ years of experience in localization testing that includes language translations, market segments, localized content.
- 3+ years of testing experience on OTTor native applications platforms
- 3+ years of experience as a test engineer within an Agile environment
- 3+ years of experience in a functional testing role
- Experience in Video Content Delivery Experience, a big plus
- Exposure to Agile Management tools such as Jira, a plus.
- Working experience with common automation frameworks (in Java), a big plus