Software QA Manager
Greater LA Area
Core Digital Media is looking for a Software QA Manager to join its growing team. As a Software QA Manager at CDM, you will lead the team of Software QA Engineers/Analysts. You will play an important role in our success story, ensuring our high customer experience standards are applied to all new product releases. You will motivate the team to consistently improve testing practices, tools, and processes. You will share your vision across the entire engineering organization and remove any roadblocks on the team roadmap. You will take pride in cultivating our culture of agile, cross collaboration, empathy, diversity, and growth.
This role reports to the Software QA Director. Must be able to work from CDM’s Los Angeles office (located West LA).
Within 1 Month, You'll...
- Spend time individually with every person in the Test Team and begin leading weekly one-on-one sessions with your team members.
- Meet with management team and key stakeholders to better understand our business model, our roadmap and our QA methodologies and testing strategies
- Immerse yourself with all teams and learn how existing testing processes, practices and tooling help on supporting building and releasing new features
Within 6 Months, You'll...
- Establish team and individual OKRs and KPIs based upon company and department goals.
- Scale up test documentation, planning, and execution by researching and introducing new tools and practices.
- Develop and support career growth paths for all team members.
- Participate and collaborate to craft and document our QA strategy for the next 12-18 months
Within 1 Year, You'll...
- Build a metrics driven QA culture based on cross-collaboration, tracking results, and showingconstant improvements.
- Be providing technical expertise and thought leadership throughout product life cycle
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach quality assurance engineers and software engineers in test at different levels of experience
You Should Apply If:
- You have 6+ years of hands-on experience in software testing roles
- You have 3+ years of experience in building and leading QA Team, both Manual Testers and automators / QA engineers.
- You have knowledge of QA methodologies and tools
- You are passionate about people, mentoring, and building work culture based on respect, empathy, support, collaboration.
- You understand Agile software development principles and how QA contributes to the success of such processes and teams (Scrum).
- You have experience with software development and testing practices, like branching models, release planning, test plans, test cases, and CI/CD.
- You have the ability to identify and prioritize current and upcoming needs of QA teams, building out new processes, systems, and structures as well as optimizing existing ones.
- You can create and drive improvement of meaningful metrics around your work, setting targets, managing quarterly plans or OKRs.
- You have strong track record for growing talent and building a diverse skill set QA teams.
- You have a demonstrable history of cross-functional collaboration.
- You have hands-on experience testing software.
- You have a positive attitude and great communication skills.
- You have experience with RESTful API testing automation (REST-assured, Postman)
- You have experience with load and performance testing
- You have experience with Continuous Integration process and tools (Git, Jira, Jenkins)
- You have experience with Testcafe and/or Testcafe Studio is a big plus
- You have experience with RDBMS like Oracle, Postgre etc. is a plus
- You have experience with Java or Typescript is a plus
Read Full Job Description