Software Engineering Manager, Business Systems at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Software Engineering Manager, Business Systems to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Software Engineering Manager, Business Systems on the IT Business Systems team, you’ll join a group responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining critical CRM, ERP, and HRIS business systems. In this role, you’ll primarily support all integrations and automations associated with Salesforce.com. As a technical leader, you’ll motivate a high-performing team to deliver on strategic business objectives.
This position will report to our Director of IT Software Engineering and can be based in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, Austin, TX office, or work remotely from any US location. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Hire, lead, and coach a high functioning team of software engineers, ensuring they have the knowledge, experience, and skills necessary to support the business and grow professionally
- Lead and mentor a team implementing CRM customizations and integrations using Apex, Lightning Web Components, Java, Python, Ruby, and middleware tools and guide them to continuously iterate and evolve our technical implementations to support business strategy and growth
- Plan, manage and monitor multiple parallel deliveries ranging in size and complexity
- Partner with key stakeholders to deliver against agreed upon priorities with exceptional quality while maintaining trusting relationships that promote an atmosphere of cohesiveness and collaboration
- Take a hands-on approach to the entire software development lifecycle: perform day-to-day management to ensure successful delivery and team accountability
- Keep up-to-date on Salesforce.com, Business Systems, and Software Engineering best practices to drive continual improvement to Procore’s business platforms
- Analyze, design, and implement process improvements
- Work in an Agile environment where innovation and teamwork are pillars of success
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field with 3+ years of experience directly managing a technical team, ideally focused on Salesforce.com and related integrations or focused on other CRM, ERP, and HRIS systems
- 5+ years experience in software design and development, Business Systems technology, or Solution Architecture at a fast-growth technology company
- Strong technical aptitude and familiarity with Salesforce.com, Workday, and NetSuite, ideally with development experience on Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, CPQ, and Lightning
- Experience with project management tools and techniques
- Expertise in software development and integration best practices with hands-on experience in object-oriented design and programming, understanding of database concepts, and experience with REST/SOAP APIs and middleware tools
- Hands-on knowledge and understanding of DevOps technologies and continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines
- Innovative problem-solver, willing to jump in to tackle issues
- Skilled at leading the software development team with your passion for technical leadership and mentoring
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.