Software Engineer in Test at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it. We are growing and looking for team members to join us that feel just as excited and driven to accomplish something that has not been done before, together.
We are expanding our Integrated Software team! We are seeking an eager, driven, and ambitious Software Test Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This Software Test Engineer position will provide outstanding technical engineering in the testing of our avionics hardware, and the transition from initial development testing to full rate production test. This position and role will include testing sub-assemblies, testing at the test site and supporting launch.
Come join our mission of building humanity in space!
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Software Engineer in Test, you will have a key role in ensuring the proper testing of our components, as well as contributing to the testing of the sub-systems and launch vehicle. This will include the development of a test infrastructure for component testing, automation frameworks to parallelize test campaigns, scripting to define tests, as well as simple GUIs for command and monitoring. These developments will also be used for higher level assemblies across our organization.
The ideal candidate is someone that is excited to work on component testing and associated automation, but is also constantly looking to acquire more skills. They should have experience testing components and hardware. The candidate should be proactive and inquisitive to make the best judgements possible in any given situation. They strive to learn the ins-and-outs of existing processes and apply critical thinking skills to improve test and production capabilities. They are focused on keeping solutions simple and practical, supporting our schedules, delivering quality solutions and taking full ownership of testing. A successful candidate should be communicative, be respectful, strive to achieve compromise, and be flexible with their schedule.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or similar discipline + 2 years of relevant experience
- Developing test automation frameworks
- Proficient in Python, or similar object oriented language
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Prior work on a launch vehicle
- Experience developing tests to support environmental testing
- Demonstrated experience developing test infrastructure to ensure the proper and thorough test of components and systems
- Background of developing bring-up tools to support preliminary testing during development
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience in UI tools like Qt, or other front-end tech stacks like React + Node.js + Typescript
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.