Team and Role Overview:
Relativity is looking for a talented software engineer to join the multifaceted Additive Manufacturing team comprised of software, automation and computer vision engineers who work closely with welding engineers. This position will help build high quality, scalable software that is at the core of our autonomous 3D printing robotic cells.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
To support our mission to reimagine the way rockets are built and flown you will be working with our Additive Manufacturing team in order to create proprietary software applications that will run our deposition processes autonomously. This means that you will be building software that runs in real-time, stores high-rate data, monitors the printing process, and works with live streams from multiple sensors along with a lot more exciting research and development!
Your objectives will entail using our existing suite of sensors to implement novel methods of understanding our metal deposition process. This will include implementing efficient real-time signal processing algorithms to feed control loops in our robots. It will also entail being part of future research efforts to understand the efficacy of new sensors and building a software framework that makes this type of testing fast and scalable.
You have ideally built and deployed software systems that are robust, scalable, and maintainable. At Relativity, you will be responsible for building out and maintaining software that is critical to our autonomous 3D printing process. This role requires that you are able to follow agile development practices and understand how to implement quality software that is continuously integrated and deployable to our production cells. You are excited to solve complex problems to which you can offer elegant solutions.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
In order to be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field and 2+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with Python or C++
- Experience with unit test frameworks like PyTest or GTest
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Agile Development
- Familiarity with interfacing to devices/sensors using Ethernet or USB
- Familiarity working with either relational or time-series databases
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Master’s in Computer Science or related technical field and 4+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with big data technologies
- Experience with publisher-subscriber design pattern
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.