Software Engineer - Full Stack at Beyond Limits
We are seeking a full-stack Software Engineer with hands on experience in full life cycle application development. The position entails working across the tech stack in a fast-paced environment building multiple tiers of software systems that interface with cutting-edge A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) technologies.
- Implement authentication and authorization features across the software stack.
- Collect UI requirements and produce prototype wireframes for client approval.
- Implement security conscious RESTful APIs with direction from Project Manager.
- Attend daily stand-ups led by TPM.
- Write clean testable code.
- 3-5 years of software design and development experience with experience in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree.
- You are comfortable working in different application layers, including front end, middle tier/server side, and database layer.
- Experience with one of the following back-end languages: Python, Scala, Java or Go.
- Experience in the development of Web APIs using any framework allowing web-service or RESTful endpoints.
- Expertise with source control tools (Git) and project management tools (Jira).
- Prior experience with Scrum teams developing customer facing web applications.
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new tools and methodologies highly desired.
- Experience with NoSQL database technologies, including MongoDB, Cassandra and ElasticSearch.
- Familiarity of modern messaging frameworks such as Kafka, Pulsar and/or RabbitMQ.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Experience with both front end and back end unit testing.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence company with a technology legacy in Space Exploration. A spinoff of NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab and Caltech, Beyond Limits provides advanced intelligence solutions that go far beyond conventional AI. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides autonomous reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.