Software Engineer - Front End
The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental industry so guys can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time.
Just as we are on the cutting-edge of men's fashion, we also strive to stay on the cutting-edge of technology and looking to looking to hire a Front End Engineer. As a Front End Engineer at The Black Tux, you will specialize in building responsive and elegant web UIs to drive delight with our end users and impact for our business.
Your work will have massive impact with our Core Rentals team in driving conversion through redesigns of our key flows all the way to site performance.
What You'll Do
- Work with React + Redux single page applications
- Work closely with product managers and other team members to understand, articulate, and break down customer needs into technical requirements
- Focus on our end users and deliver features that excite them
- Contribute to the development of the team, our standards, and best practices
Who You Are
- 5+ years of professional software development
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in one or more object oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Java, C++)
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles along with popular React.js workflows (such as Redux or Apollo)
- Experience with newer specifications of EcmaScript/ES6 and Node.js
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to collaborate, organize, and plan delivery of projects in collaboration with QA teams and stakeholders
- Conversant in algorithms, software patterns, and their best usage
Benefits and Perks of Working at The Black Tux
- Exciting startup environment
- Weekly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office
- Complimentary dry cleaning & tailoring services
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid parking
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Open vacation time
- Stocked kitchen & pantry
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Monthly team outings
- Free suit and tuxedo rentals
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Read Full Job Description